Room Parent Program
Thank you for your interest in the Room Parent program. Volunteers are recruited in the Spring for the following school year. Room Parents are assigned a few days before the start of the school year once class placement lists have been posted.
2023-2024 Room Parent Coordinators:
Room Parent Program Information
What does our committee do?
- Room parents support classroom teachers, facilitate community building among class families, and act as ambassadors of the school.
What are our responsibilities?
- There are two room parents for each class. Room parents recruit and organize parent volunteers who help in the classroom, chaperone field trips, and plan class parties. Room parents also facilitate recognition activities during Teacher Appreciation Week, plan class social events, and welcome new families to Oak Knoll.
When do we need volunteers?
- Room parents have responsibilities throughout the school year. It is a one-year commitment.
How much time is involved?
- Expectations vary by class.
What skills are required?
- Room parents should have good communication, organization, and diplomacy skills.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COMMITTEE?